Monday, August 27, 2012

ProtoTuesday - Trailhead

Another Prototytan today - this time it's Trailhead, the team's rebel.  She has no real interest being a Prototytan, or even a Transformer at all.  Too bad she doesn't have a choice.


Trailhead
Somehow this will end up looking like a female body.
Function: Hazardous Terrain Expert
Motto: “The high ground is never high enough for me.”
A trouble-maker who delights in disobeying orders just for the spite of it.  Always interested in seeing what she can get away with. Tries to use her charm to get out of trouble, usually succeeds.  Will pit her own teammates against each other so she can sit back and watch, laughing the whole time.  In vehicle mode, has a fibrous covering on her tires that allow almost vertical driving on almost any surface.  In robot mode, the ATV in her bed becomes a wrist-mounted weapon with numerous modes – machine gun, shield, sword, etc. 
Vehicle Mode: 4X4 Pick-up Truck
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 4
Worst ATV ever.
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 2
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 3


I suck at drawing things from a perspective view.  Obviously, I kinda suck at drawing things from any other view as well.  What we see here is an older style pick-up truck, I imagine it being from back in the 80's.  It's jacked-up on some big off-road tires, and though I forgot to draw it in, it has a rollbar with a few more big lights on them.

Transformation is pretty simple and ends up with a big-chested skinny robot.  The windshield may fold in a bit to make the chest thinner.  The bed folds down on her back, where the ATV is mounted.  Now, I love this idea.  The ATV becomes a weapon in Trailhead's robot mode.  Better yet, it becomes 3 different weapons.  The wheels pivot forward and the body mounts to Trailhead's forearm to become a gatling gauntlet.  The wheels also swivel towards the top of the ATV and becomes a shield.  With another twist of the wheels and an extended handle from the bottom, it becomes a hammer.  I was afraid that this was too close to RotF Ironhide's turret drone (I swear I created this before I saw that figure), but I think it's original enough.

No comments: