Wednesday, August 22, 2012

3D Thursday - Head Job

While working on common elements, I can't forget to do the one thing that every Transformer has - a head!  I started on a generic head from a subdivided cube (I didn't want to use a background image).  I cut that cube up so much that the face didn't even look robotic anymore, which of course is a definite must for a Cybertronian face.  A little smoothing and it turns out closer to a cartoon-y guy face.  I'll use it for the human characters.
Angry man!
So I had to start over and try to make a robot face that keeps as much angles as possible. I'm not even going to touch the smooth button on this guy.
Cheeky fellow.
He's got sunken eyes and a small mouth and that's about it.  I might need to scale the sides in a bit.  I'll add a helmet, a crest, a chin, etc and it should work for just about any Transformer out there...
And this will work for the rest.

No comments: