Thursday, August 2, 2012

3D Thursday - Insignia




I'm going on record that Blender is a much easier program to learn then Lightwave.  Each of these took about an hour to make from scratch, while they took a lot longer to make with an Illustrator file before.  I think they even render better!  Anyway, I'll be using these both in the comic and a second attempt at earrings.  


Did I post about that before?  They turned out too small and looked terrible.  I think these will turn out a lot better since things have been sized for tiny printers.  The divots on the Autobot and Decepticon insignias are bigger so it would be easier to paint white on the bottom and the backing is a lot thinker to make them sturdier.  I printed the first run on Frosted Ultra Detail, but since the details aren't super intricate, the next run will be White Strong and Flexible.  It's on the backburner, but should be printed up before Christmas (you know, for gifts).

No comments: