Monday, August 13, 2012

ProtoTuesday - Huffer

Going back to the Autobots today with Huffer.  



There's not much of a change from the original cartoon/toy design, so the sketch didn't really require a lot of work.  The grill separates and rotates down to become the shoulders while the sides of the vehicle fold out and become his forearms from the wheel-well.  The exhaust pipes are attached to his wrists and fold up to the back of his forearms.  The legs slide down just like the original toy, and while I didn't draw anything, I'm sure I'll be adding a fold-out foot.  

I don't own iGear's Rager figure (or one of the repaints), but I do really like the figure so I guess there's a bit of an influence from there.  iGear does a lot better work with original designs than just copying already established toys, don't they?

No comments: