Friday, November 19, 2010

Protofriday - Shadowcaster

Shadowcaster
Function: Aerial Surveillance
Motto: “Watch your step and you miss the view.”
Is usually so obsessed with flying that she spends all her time watching the skies and missing the targets on the ground she is supposed to track. Very arrogant because she is the only Prototytan that can fly in both modes. Often ignores orders for cooperation if she feels she can do better on her own. In jet mode, has a top speed of Mach 1.3. Engines can create thick seeded clouds that can cover her movements. Can release a charge into the clouds causing massive lightning bolts. In robot mode, arm mounted engines allow her to fly, but maneuverability is low. Carries a liquid-nitrogen gun.
Vehicle Mode: Cessna Citation III
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

I posted this picture of Shadowcaster a while ago, but I never really introduced her, so here's my chance. Yes, you read right there - this is another female Transformer. See, I've got no problem with female TFs, I prefer their inclusion in the stories. I know that opens up the whole idea of TF relationships, but that's easy enough to ignore. I will admit here though that I gave her a really sexist robot mode. Thigh high boots, a mini-skirt, and a tube top. It's hard to believe you can design a Transformer to incorporate all that, but I think I got it down right.

Originally she only had the boots and the top was a complete mystery to me. I was so afraid her torso would be just one boring white.... tube. I tried to figure out how to fold something up to cover her top and give it some actually geometry, but nothing would have looked good. Along with that, her crotch was exposed, which would be inappropriate for a lady. I thought the tops of her boots may cover it, but to give her long enough legs, they'd be too short. I did figure out to have half the top slide down to become the skirt though, and would give her a bare midrif. That's not just for the look; I'm hoping to get some waist pivot articulation there, and hopefully a swivel.

I was also working on the arms which are to the right. I had to figure out how to fit the forearms into the shoulder pieces, which are the ends of the plane. She's going to have huge shoulders, with half of the t-tail and an engine on each of them. I think I have the forearms will fit pretty well up there. The chest will flip open and her head will come out.

The legs are pretty basic; split apart the front, extend legs down, split the nose from front and back to get her high heels. Yup, she's even got high heels. Wings fold in half and an extra panel on her butt folds up to uncover the back of ther legs. For articulation, you know.

No comments: