Friday, November 5, 2010

Protofriday - Training

When I was in my first 3D modeling class in school, the final project I had to do was build a moonbase.  It included about 37 distinct structures and vehicles; a power plant, a med bay, a shuttle, etc.  It tested everything I had learned in the class up to that point; polygons, geometry, splines, bevels, again etc.  I got a B- on it. 


So now that I'm learning Lightwave, I've decided I'm going to do the same final project to learn everything I need to.  I don't remember everything that the first project required, but I'm making up a new list that will again have 37 different objects.  I've got a lot longer to finish it than my class offered, but I have to figure it all out, model and surface it by the end of the year.  So far I've made this rocket.
It's not much, but it was quick and helpful,  And I think it was a great starting point.  From now on, 3D updates like this will be posted on W3Dnesdays, and Protofriday will stick specifically with the Prototytan sketches, designs, and profiles.  Megatron Monday is on hiatus this week because of a vacation, but will be back next week as well.  So come back often and see how this is going.

No comments: