Sunday, January 3, 2010

Redesigns

I mentioned in a previous post (very previous) that in addition to the new designs I came up with for the Prototytans, I will be redesigning most, if not all, the other Transformers in the story.  Some of them are necessary - I'm trying to avoid mass-shifting, so Megatron, Soundwave, and a few others will require whole new alt modes.  Others, like good ol' Op here, will just be getting a minor redesign, mostly so I don't need to worry about vehicle or cartoon accuracy, but also because I think it's a challenge to create new, and sometimes more realistic, models for these characters.  

So I started with Optimus Prime, and while his alt mode won't receive much of a change, I am altering his robot mode a bit, taking inspiration from his Powermaster incarnation.  It's not much of a change, but I'm making all these characters mine (while still property of Hasbro, of course).  Besides, the comic sure has been doing this in spades lately.

No comments: