Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Trade

Last year I took a Screenwriting and Storytelling class at school. I really got into it, working on a script for a cartoon I had been working on for the last 10 years or so. I quickly got burnt out on that prject, but I really enjoyed screenwriting, so I started up two scripts: a Survivor-meets-zombies action/horror and a dark comedy about supervillains. With all the constant assignments in school, of course, these two projects got lost in the shuffle.

Along with my Asset Production class, which was to make filler for my demo reel, I was taking a Game Art Development class, which was also to make filler for my demo reel, except in this one, we focused on After Effects. I'd never used After Effects before, which lets you edit video and insert special effects, because the class that taught it, Videography, was never scheduled (I don't know how they missed it before, but now I've got to take it next term). Anyway, I decided to revisit my old screenplays and make a trailer for one of them as my project. Maybe one of these days I'll actually finish it (writing it, I mean).

No comments: