Friday, February 13, 2009

The Beginning

I'm a huge Transformer fan. I've followed the series since it's beginning in 1984 through the latest incarnation. When I was flying home in 2004 for my grandfather's funeral, I got the idea to write a Transformers story featuring a third faction, one I've called the Prototytans. I came up with a group of original Transformers and designed each one with a new body. But my art has faltered over the years and every attempt to draw them out just ended up frustrating me.

Then I enrolled in school at Collins College pursuing a Bachelors in Visual Art with an emphasis in Game Art and I'm learning how to model in Max. Forget drawing on paper, now I can build in my computer. It seems to be a perfect fit together.

So now I'm on the way to a September 2009 graduation and working on my portfolio and demo reel. I've decided the Prototytans will be the focal point of my demo reel to emphasize my talent and interest in asset production and animation. I've decided to post my progress in this blog to keep me motivated and let my friends and family and anyone interested follow along.

No comments: