Monday, July 16, 2012

Way Too Long

Wow, almost a year. I thought for a second to just wait until it's exactly a year, but that makes it more of a celebration, and there's no reason to celebrate forgetting this for 12 months.

There's a few changes to mention here:

1) Prototytan Project is going back to its roots. Gone are the Turbosquid plans, gone are the Shapeways plans. It's just modeling Transformers to make a comic. Once the comic's running, I'm hoping to get back into the Shapeways plans to make a few of my own custom figures, but it's definitely on the back burner.  Since I don't have to worry about selling anything on Turbosquid now, I'm free to do my own interpretations of vehicles too, which I am much more comfortable with anyway.

2) Lightwave is gone too. I've been having so much trouble getting used to it so I dumped it. Forget that nonsense. So I moved on to Blender. So far, it's a lot closer to 3DS Max, which I am a whole heck of a lot more comfortable. I just finished a tutorial, and this is what I got. It's a Steam Engine.

Choo-choo

That's a dark picture. But who cares, it's done.  Now it's on to modeling something else. And because of the swap, my previous Megatron model is kaput.  Oh well, his feet were a pain in the ass and I've got a much better idea in my head.

Oh yeah, and Megatrons Anonymous is on a definite hiatus. I hope to get back to it someday, but the Prototytan Project is top priority.

No comments: