Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dongle!

There it is, the bane of my existence. My friend Rich had lost the dongle (teehee) used for Lightwave for quite a while and now he's finally found it. Of course, now he's got to send it out and I'm not sure how long that will take.

In the mean time, though, I've downloaded the trial version of Lightwave on my old desktop. First, I wanted to see if my cobbled-together desktop could handle a modeler program. So far it can, but I haven't made anything with more than a few dozen polys and I haven't tried rendering anything at all yet. Second, I need to try learning this stuff so when Rich does get Lightwave to me, I won't be totally in the dark. Unfortunately, I am having the hardest time learning this stuff, even with tutorial videos. I don't know what's wrong with me, Lightwave is set up so similarly to Max, but I am just not catching on. It's frustrating me to no end, and I can only watch videos for so long before I just give up.

This web-comic is going to take forever to make.

No comments: